United Services Group
JOB TITLE: TRUCK DRIVER/WAREHOUSE SUPPORT
REPORTS TO: PARTS/WAREHOUSE AND LOGISTIC MANAGER
Department Purpose/ Function
Ensure all deliveries are completed in a timely manner meeting the needs of customers.
Operate company’s truck in a safe and effective manner in accordance with company policies and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures safety and security of cargo
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, etc.
• Report any required or preventative maintenance to supervisor
• Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver’s hours, occupational health and safety
• Drives trucks in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
• Cleans trucks as scheduled and/or required
• Participates in routine maintenance
• Practices workplace safety
• Ability to read and write to keep daily records
• Ensure the daily maintenance of all Warehousing & Logistical activities including housekeeping & cleanliness of Warehouse.
• Daily monitoring and implementation of External and Internal customer requests to meet service standards for equipment, products and supplies.
• Support Warehouse Management in monitoring and maintenance of all inventory and keep inventory current at all times, notifying management of any inventory shortages.
• Participate and support all monthly and annually Asset & Inventory audits and reconciliation
• Preparation and tagging Equipment for distribution
• Availability for deliveries and back-up for Warehouse driver.
• Ensure that workplace’s health & safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the warehouse and the contents.
• Responsible for regular removal and recycling of boxes, plastics, etc.
• Miscellaneous administrative duties as required.
• Perform all daily functions in alignment with company mission, vision, and values
• Work in compliance with Health & Safety policies and legislation, and take every reasonable precaution to protect the health and safety of all employees and business partners
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and labour laws
• Protect company assets from damage and misuse
• Perform other related duties as may be required by the nature of the position or as requested by immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements and Expectations
• Valid commercial driver’s licence
• Clean drivers abstract
• Loading experience
• Experience loading, securing and transporting different material or various types of heavy equipment
• Willingness to work out of town
• Available to address customer and Partner needs and concerns in a timely manner
• Ability to work flexible shifts on a rotation basis.
• Available to address concerns in a 24/7 environment
• Safe driving habits and a clean driver’s abstract
• Effective organizer and strong time management skills
• Solid knowledge of logistics.
• Detail-oriented with good judgment and initiative
• Ability to function well with minimum supervision
• Customer oriented, reliable and trustworthy
• Extensive knowledge of the distribution industry
• Computer proficient
• Strong oral and written communication skills to prepare reports and informal communications with staff members
• Communication Skills: Active listening, verbal, and written communication skills
• Advanced Technology competency.
• Knowledge of Warehouse, Logistic & Inventory Management.
• Ability to work independently
• High School.
• 3+ years of truck driving experience.
• Should be over the age of 21