Area Manager, Outside Services
JOB TITLE: AREA MANAGER-OUTSIDE SERVICES
DIVISION: OUTSIDE SERVICES
REPORTS TO: OUTSIDE SERVICE MANAGER
POSITION(S) SUPERVISED: SUBCONTRACTORS
Department Purpose/ Function
To provide superior special cleaning services as per specific contracts, by efficient utilization of available resources including Subcontractors, equipment and cleaning materials in accordance with UCSL quality standards policies and procedures.
Monitor, manage and coordinate the outside services of the retail stores including, but not limited to, snow removal, landscaping, window cleaning, irrigation, line painting, asphalt repairs, litter pick up, power sweeping, and other related cleaning services, by creating strong relationships with the customer to meet and/or exceed their expectations in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet/contact the customer and perform site visits to prepare quotes
- Contact subcontractors, negotiate rates, request quotes and select the best options based on quality and price.
- Once the quote has been approved by the customer, set up the new jobs according to the job specifications and allocate the necessary resources (subcontractors, equipment and supplies) to perform the job.
- Ensure scope of work is being followed
- Ensure company policy and procedures and being followed
- Conduct quality inspections to ensure customer is always satisfied with quality of service provided.
- Communicate/meet on a regular basis with customer and Subcontractors to address potential concerns (build strong relationships)
- Complete visitation reports and action plans for problem areas in any and all areas of Outside Services
- Follow-up with Subcontractors to ensure deficiencies have been corrected and work is completed as planned and in accordance with United standards; and communicate progress to customers/store managers.
- Ensure health and safety compliance.
- Build strong relationships with customers/store Managers and be the front line representative on behalf of UCSL.
- Ensure customer is always satisfied with quality of service provided.
- Respond immediately to all customer concerns and requests.
- As a UCSL representative, project a professional image in your day to day interactions with customers, including but not limited to (UCSL dress code, communication etiquette, preparation for meetings, timely responses, follow-ups and sense of urgency.
Recruitment, Training & Development:
- Recruit Subcontractors to perform outside services required for each job and build a Subcontractor’s data base for future use.
- Provide orientation and training for new Subcontractors on work processes, company practices, health & safety, and equipment operations when applicable.
- Monitor subcontractor’s performance on a regular basis.
- Prior to termination of a contractor seek guidance and discuss options with General Manager of services.
- Review and approve contractor’s invoices as per the site specific cost breakdown
- Submit the billing worksheet to the accounting department in order to bill the customer accordingly in a timely manner.
- Process and control contractor’s invoices and ensure they are paid on a timely basis.
- Process any other payables as may be required.
- Submit to General Manager of Services monthly business related expenses for approval.
- Ensure regular vehicle maintenance is conducted as per company guidelines
- Protect company assets from damage and misuse
- Attend and actively participate in company meetings
- Bring forward suggestions to members of Senior Management Team that will help with quality and improvement of service.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements and Expectation
- Available to address customer and Subcontractors needs and concerns in a timely manner.
- Willing to travel frequently to the customer’s location.
- Ability to deal with high level of stress and solve problems as they arise
- Regular shift hours 4am to 12pm
- Ability to work flexible shifts as per needed
- Sound knowledge of the outside services.
- Managerial skills and ability to manage Subcontractors in remote locations
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior time management and problem solving skills
- Being proactive in dealing with daily issues and concerns
- Creative and forward thinking abilities
- Computer competency
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to exude positive attitude and promote a healthy work environment
- Vocational/technical/ business administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the cleaning industry
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
Please complete the application form below, ensure that your details are all correct